The mission of A-OPTIC is to promote and enhance the quality and capacity of health professional education to
meet the needs of Frontier, Rural, and other medically underserved areas of the United States, with an emphasis
on graduate medical education to ensure an adequate supply of primary care physicians.
The Goals of A-OPTIC are:
- To facilitate the establishment and provide maintenance of graduate medical education programs
to meet the needs of A-OPTIC Members;
- To provide Faculty Development programming to supplement local Member resources;
- To provide Curriculum programming to supplement local Member resources;
- To provide Research resources to supplement local Member resources;
- To establish and maintain a learning environment that values meaningful scholarly activity;
- To enhance health, improve healthcare, and improve affordability for the public at large.